Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hot Dogs, Organs, and Harry, Oh my!



We had Chicago Dogs last night at Chris and Rob's Chicago Taste Authority. They were yummo. A hot dog with veggies and peppers. Perf. We will be returning Tues. Jul 21 for some Chicago dogs for a nickle.

The real news of the night had to be that we saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I may have mentioned that I am a fan of the books, once or 400 times. Not sure. At any rate, suffice it to say that I consider the movies their own operation entirely. BUT, when you leave out or gloss over integral parts of the plot people who have not read the books may have a hard time GETTING IT. I say this because afterward, Super Steve turned to me and plaintively said, "Yeah, but did you LIKE any of it?"

Yes! Of course! I just wouldn't mind it if... well, you'll see.

We saw HP at The Heights theater in Columbia Heights, which neighbors Minneapolis on the North side of things. The Heights is a gorgeous theater with a Wurlitzer organ. It is fancy. The organ was being played last night, the art deco chandeliers were throwing prisms against the walls, there was a general excitement in the air. It's what movie watching ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment